Red state or blue state, we want to know about the issues that divide and unite this nation. Reporter Jason Margolis and producer Andrea Crossan will be meeting with people across the country to see how communities are changing in our hyper-globalized world. We’ll be talking trade, immigration, military preparedness - you name it, we're on it!
Should the US be more isolationist or more engaged? Is China an enemy or a valuable trading partner? Is Mexico ripping us off or creating a stronger North American economic zone? You tell us.
We’ll be working with local public radio stations to hear what’s going in towns and cities across the US. We’ll be asking listeners and readers to reach out and tell us about what’s happening where they live.
Do you have a story to tell?
Where we've been
- Alaska: Instead of fighting global competition, Alaska's salmon industry is (reluctantly) embracing it | Anchorage is confronting more rapid climate change, but has few dollars to address it | Guess which state has America’s most diverse neighborhood? Hint: It’s not California, New York or Florida.
- Arizona: Trump’s threats to pull out of NAFTA concern many in Arizona
- Colorado: Europeans are embracing American craft beer. So, why are exports trailing off? | Fed up with high rates, a Colorado city considers ditching its utility and relying on the sun
- Connecticut: Progressives in Congress side with Trump on trade
- Indiana: Factory workers in Indiana appreciate Trump's support, but need jobs more than tweets | After a half-century, a Rust Belt town looks to restore its 'temples'
- Iowa: The most 'broken' town in America is back on its feet
- Maine: From gutting sardines to shipping pregnant cows, this Maine port wants your business
- Massachusetts: As global shipping explodes, it presents a logistical and security challenge
- Nebraska: A mom-and-pop shop in Omaha becomes an exporter of parade floats and walking pizza slices
- New Jersey: Ever think about where your Spanish rice comes from? A good bet it's from Jersey.
- North Dakota: The underfunded govt program that got drill bits from rural North Dakota to Zimbabwe | The 'Wild West on steroids' cools off | Trump says we're losing badly with trade. North Dakota suggests otherwise.
- Ohio: In Cleveland, climate change isn't about rising seas. It's about jobs and health.
- Oregon: How Facebook saved a dying mill town
- South Carolina: Could Pickens, South Carolina, join China, India and Sri Lanka among the world’s great tea-growing regions?
- Washington: The Red Delicious may have fallen out of favor in the US, but it’s huge in China | Seattle becomes first US city to try dockless bike sharing, the system that’s transforming China
- West Virginia: After generations working in coal, young West Virginians are finding jobs in solar